On Wednesday, April 18, fifteen volunteers and five community partner organizations came together to kick off our most recent set of HandsOn Leadership projects! Over the next 3-9 months, volunteers will leading five exciting new projects for organizations all over the Seattle area:
- Conducting community outreach and recruiting and supporting volunteers to lead science activities for children at the Cascades Science Center Foundation
- Procuring auction items and coordinating part of the annual auction for El Centro de la Raza
- Using social media and online publications to raise awareness about local environmental issues and educate the public about the work of the Friends of the Cedar River Watershed
- Collaborating with staff at Imagine Housing to develop a new curriculum for educational enrichment programs for children ages 5-12
- Strategize marketing ideas in order to build awareness of the Leukemia Cup Regatta, an annual fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
We’re so excited to be working with these amazing volunteer leaders and organizations to support these projects in the coming months, and will continue to post updates on their progress!
Interested in partnering with a team of HandsOn Leadership team of volunteers to lead a project at your organization? Click here for more information about the program and the application process. Applications for the next project cycle are due May 17!
Want to be a HandsOn Leadership volunteer leader, or just take the course to develop your skills in project management and community engagement? The next round of weeknight training kicks off May 24, and we’re also offering a new weekend training starting on June 9! Click here for more information about the training course and opportunity to manage a community project.