Neighborhood: NE Seattle
Years in Seattle: 35
Occupation: Nature educator and landscape designer
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
At Seattle Works Day 2005 or 2006…?
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
My husband’s grilled jerk chicken out on the deck
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
Magnuson Community Garden Associated Recreation Council (ARC) Seattle Audubon The National Wildlife Federation Coalition of Organic Landscape Professionals King Co. Master Gardeners Plant Amnesty
6. Which coffee shop do you frequent most?
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Interesting Fun Inspiring
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
Mariners by an landslide!
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
Teaching gardening and nature classes to 1st graders at Dunlap Elementary
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
Enjoying being outside even if there are clouds and drizzle.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.