Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Years in Seattle: 1
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Swimming in Lake Washington
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
A Hot Project with Nature Consortium at the Duwamish Watershed
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
Anything from Revel in Fremont.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
I’m a board member with Washington Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, and I’m a council member with United Way of King County Strengthening Our Communities Impact Council
6. Which coffee shop do you frequent most?
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Volunteering with friends
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
On Seattle Works Day I volunteered at Jose Rizal Park and learned about Crime Prevention through Environmental Design – which I found to be a fascinating and effective way to deter crime in the community without confrontation or violence.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
When they stop cancelling outdoor activities due to the rain.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.