Neighborhood: Green Lake
Years in Seattle: 2.5
Occupation: Senior Advisor
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Walk around Green Lake and the Ballard Farmer’s Market.
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
It all started with the Hands On Leadership course.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
Copper River Salmon right off the grill.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
Plymouth Housing Group Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
6. Which coffee shop do you frequent most?
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Inspiring Meaningful Great-way-to-meet-new-people-when-you-are-new-to-area (that counts as one word, right?)
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
Definitely Sounders, but love the other teams too.
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
Running around trying to track down winners from the Leukemia Cup’s auction within 15 seconds. It was a mad dash to quickly navigate through the crowd before the next auction item came up.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
Love for the town and people here. We are all about the locals – small businesses, farmer’s markets, handmade goods, and chef-owned restaurants. If you care about this beautiful place, you are a Seattleite.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.