Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Years in Seattle: 5
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Discovery Park, Sculpture Park, Lake Washington, Cal Anderson, Ballard Farmer’s Market
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
Hard to pick just one… I’ve had so many memorable, delicious meals both at restaurants and in friend’s kitchens.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
United Way, American Heart Association, Red Cross
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Three-way tie between Stumptown and Victrola on Pine and Starbucks on Olive
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Fun, friends and philanthropy
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
My first Seattle Works Day poured rain… we had a great time just the same, and became a regular participant.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
Seems to be a low bar to entry… Compared to the East Coast where you have to have a birthright, I think you just have to love Seattle enough to call yourself a Seattleite.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.