We pride ourselves on training Seattle’s next generation of community leaders. We do this through several different programs, including The Bridge and HandsOn Leadership. Each year, Seattle Works trains over 200 people to be volunteer leaders in the community – and now we’re taking it to the next level.
We are excited to announce our new alumni network:
Why are we doing this?
Past Seattle Works participants are valuable assets to our organization and can serve as a helpful resource to one another for those currently participating in our training programs. Seattle Works will cultivate these relationships and facilitate mentorship opportunities.
How will it work?
As participants go through our training programs, or lead through Team Works or Hot Projects there will be more focus on creating a cohort of leaders. Each cohort then will become their own circle within LeadNOW. Our hope is that each circle will then stay in touch with each other, help each other with issues they are facing in their leadership development and serve as resources to one another. We’ll also have a few circles in place that will be interest area focused for members to join; this could include fundraising, finances or transition to executive committee.
What will LeadNOW offer?
Under LeadNOW, we will host several events throughout the year:
- LeaderSip – monthly happy hour events featuring different discussion topics
- Pop-up leadership forums & workshops
- Online forums through LinkedIn
- Lecture series focusing on nonprofit leadership, governance and volunteerism
- And much more…
What do I have to do to be a member?
LeadNOW membership is simple:
- Be a graduate of The Bridge or HandsOn Leadership; or,
- Be a past or present Team Captain or Project Coordinator; and
- Yearly membership fee of only $50
What are the benefits of membership?
- Access to exclusive online forums & resources
- Invitations to all LeadNOW events; plus one event for free!
- Access to a wide network of individuals who are making an impact in their community
- Make new friends and connections
- A community to go to for growth & development
- Opportunities to join different circles within the network
Stay tuned for more information about when we will have the first LeaderSip!
To learn more or ask any questions, email Ben@seattleworks.org.