1. Name: Shane McNamee
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Occupation: Corporate Finance
Years in Seattle: 6
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
I really enjoy walking around Volunteer Park.
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
Seattle Works Day. It’s a great event to meet new people and make a big difference without a long-term time commitment.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
It’s hard for me to pick a favorite, but I especially enjoy Cafe Flora, Quinn’s, and Tin Table.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
I recently joined Social Venture Partners (SVP) and look forward to getting more involved there.
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Starbucks on 15th and Olive Way
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Inspiring, fun, and educational
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
I’m not a big sports fan, so I won’t claim any team. But I do like garlic fries at the stadium!
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
Serving as Treasurer and Board Member for Seattle Works. These roles have taught me much about how nonprofit organizations are managed.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
I know this sounds blasphemous, but I don’t drink coffee. So I don’t consider that a requirement for being a Seattleite. 🙂 Someone who is laidback, socially conscious, and doesn’t mind a little rain and gray weather.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.