Occupation: Account manager at Banyan Branch
Years in Seattle: 5
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Ravenna park. It is 2 blocks from my house but makes you feel like you are miles away from the city in the forest.
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
Through another Board Member. I told her I wanted to stay on top of social media and meet more like-minded people and she recommended Seattle Works.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
I love Spinasse, Sushi Kappo Tamura and Walrus in the Carpenter. Seattle has the best places to eat.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
Not right now, but I donate to a few.
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Lighthouse Roasters in Fremont.
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Energetic, ambitious and fun.
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
Sounders all the way.
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
Being in Costa Rica and watching poor campesino kids make videos about public health topics for the first time on computers.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
Someone who is conscious of their environment but also loves the city.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.