1. Name: Era Schrepfer
Neighborhood: North Beacon Hill
Occupation: Executive Director
Years in Seattle: Since I was 5
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Alki Beach and Columbia City Farmer’s Market
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
I participated in a Seattle Works board training program in 2001, I think and was on a Team Works team around that time.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
I love Tamarind Tree, Paseo, and almost all the taco trucks!
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
I’m the E.D. at FIUTS (Foundation for International Understanding Through Students), a Girls Scout troop leader, and also serve on the Beacon Hill International School PTA
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Solstice on the Ave
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
creative (the team), inspiring (the volunteers), welcoming (everyone!)
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
Arriving at my homestay in my Peace Corps assignment.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
Reading all winter and a very specific coffee preference.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.