Occupation: Communications Strategist
Years in Seattle: 3.5 years
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Gas Works Park
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
I actually interacted with Seattle Works before I even moved to Seattle! We were in town apartment-hunting and our friend took us to a Team Works party. We had a great time and ended up joining her team.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
Hunger in Fremont is amazing.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
I love that Seattle Works has introduced me to many other interesting nonprofit organizations, but SW is my main nonprofit. 🙂
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Fuel Coffee in Wallingford is my favorite
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Fun, collaborative, gratifying
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
We helped plant trees along the Burke-Gilman Trail with Team Works in the summer of 2009. I like biking by that spot and seeing our trees grow. It’s a wonderful feeling.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
How mellow they are
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.