Occupation: Office Assistant at a Learning Center
Years in Seattle: 3
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
I love exploring all of the parks in the summer time- Discovery, Carkeek, Greenlake, the Arboretum… So many great options!
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
I saw an ad for Hands-on-Leadership on my neighborhood blog and signed up! Since then I’ve also done the Bridge and have had a Team Works team for over a year now.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
SO MANY! Right now I’m picturing the pasta from Local 360… but anything from Carmelita is amazing as well.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
Yes! I work closely with Zeno (who I first became involved with through Hands-on-Leadership) and I also volunteer as a running buddy for Girls on the Run.
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Typically, we just have fresh ground coffee at home with beans from Herkimer.
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Empowering, Fun, connection-building.
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
…Not much of a sports fan.
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
My Team Works team volunteered at the Duwamish Greenbelt in November battling blackberries… While we were there, we discovered (and saved) an entire tree no one even knew was there!
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
The absolute need to head outside the minute the sun comes out because you never know when it will leave for weeks (or months) at a time.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly