Neighborhood: University District
Occupation: Legislative Aide, Seattle City Councilmember Jean Godden
Years in Seattle: 27
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Hard to beat Cal Anderson park during the summer.
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
My roommate wanting me to go pull weeds on a Saturday morning…
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
Wild boar tagliatelle at Salvatore’s. Trust me. PCC’s Perfect Protein salad is a close second.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
Unemployment Law Project.
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Trabant on 45th or Chaco Canyon (best nonfat iced latte I’ve ever had).
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Really good people.
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
HUSKIES! Opening the new Husky Stadium will be better than Christmas.
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
When I was 5 or 6 and my dad took me to our church’s soup kitchen.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
Someone who has traveled the world but never been to Tacoma. They also need to be able to pronounce Puyallup and Tukwila.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly