1. Name: Neely Olson Beltran
Neighborhood: Central District
Occupation: Student and Job Seeker (Social Media / Marketing)
Years in Seattle: 22
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
The top of kite hill at Gasworks Park
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
I joined Team Works when I was single so I could meet new people while helping my community. I randomly ended up on an all-girl team, so I never found a date.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
Wild boar at the Madison Park Cactus.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
Seattle Inner City Outings Washington DECA
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Positive, fun, inspiring
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
Jumping up and down like an idiot on cardboard boxes inside the huge recycling bin at Food Lifeline
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
A Seattleite is generally highly caffeinated, owns a pair of hiking boots, cares about the environment and their neighbors, and voted for Obama in the last presidential election.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.