1. Name: Jay See
Occupation: Securities Compliance
Years in Seattle: 41 except for College in Pullman
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Anyplace with a great view of our city.
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
Swank. I can’t remember which year it was.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
My Mom’s lasagna. The first restaurant meal I thought of was anything at Il Terrazzo Carmine.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
I chair a PAC called Graduate Washington. I also work with the Washington State University Alumni Association and the Ballard High School Foundation.
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Van Gogh Coffeehouse in Wedgwood.
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Community, Charity & Awareness.
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
My first was in High School when I served on a community committee that helped refresh Golden Gardens park.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
You don’t travel out of State in the Summer since you know that no place has better Summers than us.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.