1. Name: Gopal Rao
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Occupation: Product management
Years in Seattle: 1
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Seward Park, leading from a run along Lake Washington Blvd.
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
with the lively and fun bunch of the Social Media Task force. A shout-out to them for all the good work they do.
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
I will have to say the Paseo’s Caribbean sandwich.
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
Not at the moment.
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
StumpTown on Pine, or sometimes Kaladi Brother’s coffee.
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Engaged. Social. Progressive.
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
Soccer is my game, so will have to say Sounders.
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
Teaching young kids science. It’s a great feeling to see the excitement on their faces either from the the learning or from the mischievous thoughts running in their heads. All in all, you end up learning a lot from them as they from you.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
One who doesn’t notice the rain and takes it as just another bright sunny day…
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.