1. Name: Lacey Patzer
Occupation: Program Coordinator at UW
Years in Seattle: 8 months
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
I joined a Team Works team shortly after moving here, and I’m still on it!
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
I LOVE Pie in Fremont!
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
I’m Communications Chair for Habitat Young Professionals, the YP affiliate of Habitat for Humanity of Seattle-King County.
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
The Rotunda café on the first floor of the Health Sciences building at UW… I’m too lazy to go anywhere else
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Fun, Laid-back, Difference-making (that counts, right?)
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
I don’t follow sports, but I really like the scarves that Sounders fans wear
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
I think one of my first volunteer experiences was packing healthy dinners for people at a food shelter in my hometown… I barely remember it, so I was probably like 6 at the time and probably not very helpful.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
When you ask “why would you eat fried cheese?” and you are completely serious.
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.