Neighborhood: International District
Occupation: Volunteer Engagement
Years in Seattle: I grew up here
2. Where is your favorite place to go in Seattle?
Any Concert in the Park on a sunny summer evening
3. Your first interaction with Seattle Works was…?
Recruiting volunteers to play math at Explorations in Math events
4. What’s the best meal you’ve eaten in the Seattle area?
Chinese in the ID
5. Are you involved with any other Seattle nonprofit organizations?
Child Care Resources, Board Development Chair and Board Member Social Venture Partners Seattle, Partner, Family Service Group chair
6. Which coffee shop do you most frequent?
Tully’s! Love that free refill!
7. What three words best describe your experience with Seattle Works?
Energizing, Dependable, Innovative
8. Mariners, Sounders, or Seahawks?
9. What is your most (or first) memorable volunteer experience?
Developing a marketing plan for Metrocenter YMCA’s Alive and Free program. It was a big push to complete, especially because I was working a paying job four days a week and both my kids were under age 5 at the time. But it ended up being the experience I needed to switch sectors and land a job at a non-profit. It was memorable because it changed my career trajectory.
10. What makes someone a Seattleite?
Good raingear 😉
This weekly 10 question profile is Seattle Works way of highlighting and saying THANK YOU to all that our volunteers, leaders, community partners, board members, committee members, etc do for our community! We’re asking the same 10 questions to various Seattle Works participants as a fun way to feature the different ways to be involved with Seattle Works and in Seattle.
P.S. In case you’re interested, the inspiration behind these interviews comes from NY Mag’s weekly blog post.